Thursday, April 7, 2011

Sharing a Poem or Two


I have a writer trapped inside of me. I have stifled my creativity for so long, I forget it is there sometimes. I have a novel that I haven't worked on in (cringe) two years, and a short story I wrote in my head yesterday while I was sitting outside. CRAZY! The two poems below were "in-my-head" poems as well. I should have written them down while they were still fresh, as the written product is not what the original words were. I tried to recall them, but only was able to come up with the gist of them. Sigh.


Musing on Wisteria

Spring comes, shoulders draped in Wisteria

A vibrant purple wrap upon dancing trees

A youthful playfulness, saying,

"look at me, look at me!"


All too soon, (oh, too soon)

The spring wrap fades to a grey shawl

A mere shadow of what once was

As the Wisteria falls from favor


4/4/11 Weiser


Magenta

And there was a rosebush

It grew by the front porch steps

Much taller than I


I Having never seen it bloom

I waited as the first buds teased

Tight bundles of green


What color bloom lay hidden within?

Red? Yellow? or maybe pink?

Only the rosebush knew


And then--oh my! I see

The first hints of the encapsulated color

No longer hidden from view


Magenta! Not Red or Pink

But a color only worthy of itself

Bursting to greet the day


This rose is not coy-- Not one bit.

It is flashy and sassy

She will not be ignored


Her fragrance is seductive

Not like grandma's toilet water

No, Magenta is sexy


She flirts with everyone

All eyes are drawn to her beauty

A rose so bold


I noticed a subtle change today

Magenta was duller

No longer herself


She drooped on the branch

Struggled to keep her head up

Color draining


No longer smooth and delicate

Petals withered

Defeated


She bowed her head to rest

As the next bloom peeked

To meet the world


4/4/11 Weiser

1 comment:

Livestrong weight tracker

Start your success with the LIVESTRONG.COM calorie calculator.