Wednesday, May 18, 2011

My Novel






I have officially begun to add to my half-finished novel, and it feels good! I had to re-read the story to get myself re-acquainted with the cast of characters. I found lots of typos, and time-line errors. But overall, it is a good story!


My goal for myself is to have this puppy done by Christmas. That means a LOT of writing between now and then. I thought I was closer to being done than I am, but at 140 pages in, I am about half way done. And that is the manuscript version. Once it is put into paperback format, it will be a lot longer than that.

I know the story will evolve and things will be changed/edited/added to make it an even better read. I don't want people getting to the middle as thinking, "God, is this book ever going to end?"


I like to write. I really do. You would never know it with my sparse postings, but I really do like to write. Here is a list of things I would do if we one the lotto:


1. Buy our house on the hill with a view--no longer an option. House is no longer on the market.


2. Write. A lot.


3. Sing. A lot.


4. Garden, as much or as little as I wanted.


5. Play Pogo in the middle of the night, and sleep as long or as little as I wanted to.


6. Travel.


7. Get some fun exercise equipment and have a "real" work out room.


8. Learn to play the keyboard.


9. Get my songs published and recorded.


10. Baby my baby.


11. Get pedicures, manicures, massages, and haircuts whenever I want, not just when I can afford it.


12. Create a wonderful kitchen full of wonderful foods to cook.


13. Help others in need.


14. Go fishing.


15. Get a really good digital camera and take lots of pictures of everything.


16. Start scrapbooking again.


17. Take a nap like old folks do.


18. Have cookouts and karaoke parties.


19. Run around naked if I feel like it.


20. Paint--and I don't mean walls.


This list could go on and on. I know they say money can't buy happiness, but it CAN give you time and reduce the stress of NOT having money. Imagine being able to pay the bills as they came, have money for emergencies, be able to go to the doctor and dentist...


And time. Not having to go to a job that exhausts me and instead having a day that I can do whatever I feel like doing--or doing nothing if that is what I want.


Yup, that would be awesome. May the Lotto gods shine down on us soon! Maybe if I finish my novel, it will be a top seller and I will make a living writing...who knows!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Livestrong weight tracker

Start your success with the LIVESTRONG.COM calorie calculator.