Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Back in the Saddle

Well, after a long hiatus, I am back on my diet.  I started tracking again on Livestrong.com, and after three weeks, I am at the weight I was when I last used their fitness tracking program.  When K heard I was going on a diet, she jumped on the bandwagon.  She is a "me too" kind of person and always wants to do whatever anyone else is doing. I swear, she is part lemming...

My goal is to get below 200 pounds by the first of the year, and never have to see a "2" in front of my weight again. It is a very attainable goal, and I have got to do it--my health depends on it. I have a mother and a brother with diabetes, and I don't want to go there...

The lack of a job is really starting to get me down.  We are so strapped financially right now, and the friggin' SUV we just got has been in the shop 3 TIMES. Grrrrrrrrrrr, don't get me started on that one. I think all the major kinks have been taken care of now, so hopefully (knocking on wood like a mad woman) it is good to go for the winter months.  It is a V-8 and a 4x4, so you know the gas mileage sucks. But we should be able to put at least another 150,000 miles on the engine!

I just know something good is going to happen soon. We have a shut off notice on the electric, cable has already been shut off, and we don't have a dime for fuel oil. When you hit bottom, there is no way to go but up, right? Upward, ho--except my weight--that can continue to drop for a good long while. 

3 comments:

  1. Bah humbug. Not having a pot to piss in has been a part of my life for the past 3 or more years and it truly sucks! My thoughts are with you on this because I know how god awful it is to struggle financially. Very happy and proud of your weight loss/dieting...keep up the good work D....you deserve much happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I hope you know you deserve it as well, my friend. I lost a family member over the weekend, and my siblings and parents spent Sunday and today packing up her belongings as she lived in an apartment and needed to be out by the 1st of the month, and this was the only opportunity to do it. She was so young--38. She was a step-sibling, and she suffered from juvenile onset diabetes and seizures. Between the gran mals and the diabetic shocks her systems went through, her poor body was ravaged. She has been in ICU three times in the last 6 months. Sad thing was, she lost her brother (one of my other steps) just two months ago. My step-mom is beside herself with grief. Two children in less than 60 days, both under the age of 40 (he was diabetic also). So much sadness...makes me ashamed of my boo-hooing about this or that ache or pain.

    Be well. Be happy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is unbelievably sad..those of us who raised healthy children should thank God every day! To lose a child even when they are grown, is probably the worst pain a person could have. I'm still going to read your book, just have so much going on..don't even know when I will be able to pick my things up from Texas...but I really want to read it :)

    ReplyDelete

Livestrong weight tracker

Start your success with the LIVESTRONG.COM calorie calculator.