Monday, December 20, 2010

Karaoke, Baby!


Though I got canned from my place of employment (er-given the choice to "resign"), I had already planned on throwing my staff a karaoke Christmas party. My employer graciously agreed to allow me to come in post-booting and throw the party. I will also say my good-byes to my staff. They are so going to freak: "Ms. Debra, you CAN'T leave us!" There will be wailing and gnashing of teeth, rending of garments, and rioting in the streets. OK, maybe not rending and rioting, but I am just sayin'...


The highlight is not the food, though it will be awesome, since we are going pot luck, and I have some mighty good cooks on my staff. The highlight of course is karaoke. It brings out the closeted performer in everyone.


We have volunteered several times for the adult foster cares affiliated with Indian Rivers Mental Health in Alabama, and each time, I was brought to tears by seeing the power of music. Those individuals who usually don't say a peep get up and belt out songs from their heart.


Everyone needs a song in their heart--may you have a song in YOUR heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Livestrong weight tracker

Start your success with the LIVESTRONG.COM calorie calculator.