Saturday, January 22, 2011

Sing with me....

To the tune of "D-I-V-O-R-C-E" by Tammy Wynette

I-M B-O-R-E-D
Stuck in this house everyday
Me and hubby B-U-D
Can't get a minute of peace

I want to help, Mike and Carol you see
But my sanity's slipping away
So for now, I guess my motto will be
I-M B-O-R-E-D

Okay, can you tell I am bored? I sooooooooooo want to sleep in until noon. Just once! But as soon as it is 8am, I know I have to get up or the whole day falls behind.

Getting Mike up for breakfast is a major ordeal. He generally is wet from head to toe, so he needs to be washed up, and his bedding changed. It is a process: from bed to commode, from commode to wheelchair, eat breakfast, then from wheelchair to recliner (if he doesn't have to go to the bathroom again. The poor man's bladder is unrealiable).

Carol is still in the hospital. I feel bad for her, but she needs to heal before she comes home. Too many germies here, and I really don't want her to get another infection. Unfortunately, that means long trips to Tuscaloosa, and that eats up the whole day (an hour there, and hour to eat, an hour or more with Carol, and an hour home).

This is taking a toll on my body and mind. Mike wants to watch the western channel, so the tv stays on the entire time he is up. I am not used to the TV being on 24-7. It is mind numbing. I try to do my reading for school, but I can't read or study with the tv on, and there is no where in this small house to go that you can drown it out. Don't know how I am going to get my paper done this weekend....

I know, poor me, poor me. I am just venting. I am thankful. And they truly need the help. I just want them both to get well so I can do an earnest job search and we can get our own place.

Until then, I will probably be bitchin' and moanin' about every little thing. Poor Bud has to listen to me whine about my back. I am sure he is getting more than sick of it. He had to listen to ES and all her aches and pains. Now he has to listen to me....I try not to complain too much, but I know he is getting tired of hearing it. I'M getting tired of hearing me moan and groan!

This is probably Karma kicking my ass. I got sick to death listening to ES complain about the doctors not giving her narcotics. I don't want narcotics. Unlike ES, I don't believe that doctors need to make us "pain free". The pain is part of life. It is part of the aging process. The body wears out. I just want to be at a level of pain where I can function.

I'll just pop some Goody's and get on the heating pad if it gets too bad. Pain becomes part of the routine.

Man, I sure can get off track with my ramblings! I need to go get myself mentally prepared for this day.

Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Livestrong weight tracker

Start your success with the LIVESTRONG.COM calorie calculator.